The third generation Amazon Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses the Alexa Voice Service to play music, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more. You can also control smart home devices, such as lights, thermostats, and door locks.
To get started, you just need to say, "Alexa, what can you do?"
Here are some of the things you can do with the Amazon Echo Dot:
• Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and more.
• Call or message almost anyone hands-free.
• Get hands-free help in the kitchen with cooking timers and Alexa recipes.
• Stay on schedule with alarms, timers, and to-do lists.
• Ask Alexa for traffic updates before you leave for work.
• Check the weather before you head out the door.
• Set up smart home devices and control them with your voice.
• Listen to audiobooks from Audible.
• Listen to the news, sports, and more with TuneIn and Reuters.
• Stay connected to family and friends with Drop In and Calling.
• Control your compatible TV, sound bar, and receiver with your voice.
• Plus, many more skills and features are being added all the time.