There are two ways to track sales in WooCommerce with Google Analytics:
- Using the default WooCommerce tracking code
- Using Enhanced Ecommerce tracking
The default WooCommerce tracking code will send transaction data to Google Analytics, but it will not send product data. To track sales and get detailed product data, you need to use Enhanced Ecommerce tracking.
Here’s how to set up Enhanced Ecommerce tracking in WooCommerce:
- Install the WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration plugin.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration, and select “Google Analytics” from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your Google Analytics tracking ID in the “Tracking ID” field.
- Select the “Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking” checkbox.
- Click “Save Changes”.
Once you’ve set up Enhanced Ecommerce tracking, you’ll be able to see detailed product data in your Google Analytics reports.