Shopify is an all-in-one ecommerce platform designed to make the business of selling online easy and accessible to anyone. The mission of Shopify is to make commerce better for everyone—from small business owners to entrepreneurs, buyers, sellers and developers.
Shopify's core focus is to help merchants create, set up, and grow online stores. They provide a comprehensive platform that includes a suite of tools and services to help merchants create a well-designed site, manage inventory, accept orders, process payments and even ship orders.
Shopify also provides a powerful back-end infrastructure—security services, analytics, marketing automation, customer relationship management, customer loyalty programs and more—all designed to help merchants succeed.
This mission is supported by a number of different objectives, including:
- Providing merchants with a platform that is simple to use and highly accessible.
- Empowering merchants with the tools and resources necessary to succeed.
- Ensuring merchants have access to an open and secure commerce ecosystem that allows them to do business in any country or market.
- Providing support to merchants and experts both online and in-person.
- Creating a global network of partners and developers that work to enhance the Shopify platform and create great customer experiences.
Shopify provides their mission statement on their website:
“Shopify was founded in 2004 with the mission of making commerce better for everyone. We’re here to remove barriers and make it easier for entrepreneurs to start, run, and grow their businesses. We create easy, innovative and accessible products that enable entrepreneurs to get up and running quickly, and to grow with confidence.”
To learn more about Shopify, visit their website here: https://www.shopify.com/