WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems and is widely used for creating eCommerce websites. Here are some of the reasons why people and companies choose to use WordPress for their eCommerce websites:
• Easy to use: WordPress is easy to set up and manage. It includes a range of intuitive tools and features to facilitate the process of setting up and customizing the website.
• Cost-effective and flexible: WordPress is free and open source, which allows companies to save costs. It is also highly flexible, allowing developers to customize the website to create a unique look.
• Support for payment gateways: WordPress integrates with a wide range of payment gateways, making it easy to manage transactions and digital transactions.
• A wide range of plugins and themes: WordPress features thousands of plugins and themes that can be used to create a unique website design and appearance.
• Mobile friendly: WordPress is mobile-friendly, which means users can easily access the website on their mobile devices.
Hope this answers your question. If you would like to learn more about WordPress and how it can be used for eCommerce websites, I suggest reading this article: https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/wordpress/wordpress-ecommerce-websites.