Good question. If you're using Google Drive to backup your WhatsApp data, here are the steps to locate the file:
- Open your Google Drive account and log in using your credentials.
- Select the ‘Menu’ icon from the top left corner.
- From the displayed menu items, choose the option ‘Vault’.
- Now, select the ‘Backups’ tab located at the top right corner of the Vault page.
- In this tab, you can see all the backups made with various applications.
- Tap on ‘WhatsApp’, and you can view the files stored in your Google Drive.
That’s it! You’ve successfully located your WhatsApp backup file. You can even restore the data you need.
Note: Refer to this detailed tutorial: https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/26000233#where_is_my_backup_stored if you need additional help.