Yes, it is possible to override Virtuemart user controller. In order to do so, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Create a custom component which will contain the overridden controller.
- Create a smyedit.xml file and place it inside the root of your component.
- Inside your smyedit.xml, you need to make the following changes:
<extension type="component" version="2.5.0">
<extension type="component" version="3.5.0">
- Inside the smyedit.xml, you need to add the entry for the override controller.
5 .Create a new directory called "controller" in the root of your component and then place the file user.php inside it.
- Now, you need to check the code inside the file "user.php" and make the necessary changes or additions in order to override the controller.
- After making the changes, you need to install the component by going to Extensions > Manage > Install in your Joomla back-end.
- Once the component is installed, it should override the default Virtuemart user controller.
I hope this helps. If you have any queries, feel free to ask.
For more detailed information, you can read this guide: https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general/override/en-gb/html/ch27s03.html