Theranos was a privately held health technology company founded in 2003 by then 19-year-old Elizabeth Holmes.
The company had numerous private investors and venture capitalists that provided early capital, as well as strategic, legal, and technical guidance.
The following is a list of some of the notable investors and board members who invested in Theranos:
• Oracle founder and billionaire Larry Ellison
• Media mogul Rupert Murdoch
• U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos
• Holmes' mentor and investor, venture capitalist and Sun Microsystems co-founder Vinod Khosla
• Capital Partner Ltd, now known as the Medallion Funds (USD_150 million investment)
• Investment firm Partner Fund Management (USD96.1 million investment)
• Investor and philanthropist Ramesh "Sunny" Balwani, who served as the company's president and chief operating officer.
For more information about Theranos investors, you can visit the following link: