Matterport is an all-in-one 3D data platform used to create and share immersive 3D experiences of real-world places. It offers users the ability to capture and map spaces in full 3D with its cutting-edge 3D cameras and cloud-based software solutions.
Matterport provides solutions for a wide range of industries and use cases, such as creation and maintenance of virtual models for property and construction, virtual staging for real estate, shop-tour experiences for retail, creation of virtual museums for heritage & tourism, 3D survey solutions for engineering and fabrication, facility visualization for universities and hospitals, and much more.
In short, Matterport enables users to capture and visualize their physical spaces with unparalleled accuracy and fidelity. Here are some of the core features of the Matterport platform:
• 3D Camera: Matterport offers its Pro2 Camera, a 3D camera specifically designed to capture volumetric data.
• Cloud Service: Matterport's cloud service handles all the stitching and processing of the data with its AI-powered technology to give users the best 3D experience.
• 3D Showcase: After the data has been captured and processed, it can be viewed with several interactive views, such as the 3D Showcase, immersive 3D Walkthrough, and 3D Dollhouse View.
• Interactive Features: Like floor plans, hot spots, measure tool and more can be added to the 3D Showcase to help increase interactivity and engagement.
• Embeddable Player: The 3D Showcase can be embedded on websites and used on marketing platforms, such as Zillow and Trulia, for real estate agents.
• BIM: With the Scan to BIM feature, users can convert the 3D data into Building Information Modeling (BIM) for use in construction planning and design.
• APIs: Matterport also offers a range of APIs to allow developers to take their 3D data and use it in other applications.
If you're looking for a platform to capture and share 3D experiences of your real-world places, then Matterport is definitely worth checking out!